I never thought I would. I’ve seen
the signs around for Boot Camp exercise classes before, but I always pictured the
class as some horribly tough weekend, full of hard bodies and my eventual
stroke. The title always threw me I guess. But I had the opportunity to observe
one recently and saw that it is mostly a kind of interval training. The one I
watched, you go from station to station and do the best you can, at your own
pace. The teacher wasn’t a mean drill sergeant and the class was full of
regular people like me.
Maybe I can do this.
I’ve worked out on and off all of
my life, although lately it has been mostly “off”. I am not at all in shape anymore. But I’d like
to be. I know I feel better when I exercise regularly and it’d be awesome to
get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Granted, that was 14 years ago, but it may be
possible and it would definitely be awesome!
Let’s face it, no one is getting any younger and the longer I wait, the
harder it’ll be. I’ve never been thin, but I can focus on healthy and hope thin
comes along for a surprise!
To be completely honest, all pep talks
aside, I’m terrified! I’m afraid I won’t be able to finish. I’m scared of
hurting myself because I feel old, even though I’m really not. I’m afraid of
being sore the next day- what’s with that? I’m even mortified about trying on
my old workout clothes.
But I am going to try. I’ll let you
know how things are going and what it’s like to be in a Boot Camp class. I’ll
even tell you if I lose any weight, and how much! (Cross your fingers for me!)
My first class is Wednesday night at Work It Out Fitness 3 in Renton, WA. Wish
me luck, or even better wish me courage! I’m using all of your strength to get
me down to that gym on Wednesday. Thanks for it!
-Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment